By Hervé Guihot
Today's Android apps builders are frequently operating into the necessity to refine, increase and optimize their apps performances. As extra advanced apps will be created, it really is much more very important for builders to house this severe issue.
Android permits builders to write down apps utilizing Java, C or a mixture of either with the Android SDK and the Android NDK. Pro Android Apps Performance Optimization finds how one can fine-tune your Android apps, making them extra solid and swifter. during this publication, you'll examine the following:
* the way to optimize your Java code with the SDK, but in addition how you can write and optimize local code utilizing complicated gains of the Android NDK comparable to utilizing ARM unmarried guide a number of information (SIMD) directions (in C or meeting)
* How to use multithreading on your software, how make top use of reminiscence and the way to maximise battery existence
* tips on how to use to a couple OpenGL optimizations and to Renderscript, a brand new function in Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and improved in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
After examining and utilizing this ebook, you'll be a greater coder and your apps might be better-coded. Better-performing apps mean better stories and at last, extra money for you because the app developer or your indie shop.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * tips to optimize your functions in Java
* the right way to optimize your functions utilizing the NDK
* how one can most sensible use reminiscence to maximise functionality
* tips to maximize battery existence
* How and whilst to exploit multi-threading
* the way to benchmark and profile your code
* tips on how to optimize OpenGL code and use Renderscript
Who this e-book is for
Android builders already accustomed to Java and Android SDK, who are looking to pass one step additional and find out how to maximize functionality.
desk of Contents * Optimizing Java code
* Getting began with the Android NDK
* utilizing complicated NDK beneficial properties
* utilizing reminiscence successfully
* Multithreading and synchronization
* Benchmarking and profiling your program
* Maximizing battery lifestyles
* OpenGL optimizations